Stay with us and feel Safe at home, surrounded by good friends!
Your experience is our main focus, and your health and safety is, always, our priority!
COVID 19 UPDATE
Dear valued Guest,
We’re committed to the health and safety of our guests, team members and partners. Given the spread of the Covid-19, we would like, to express our solidarity with all those affected. We are happy to welcome you to our Heraklion Old Port Apartments (HOPA). We will make sure that you have a real chance to relax and recover from the stress of this past year.
Family-run apartments with privacy: In our spacious 10 equipped apartments with balcony you enjoy your privacy and arrange your holiday completely independently. Plus: they are located on 4 different floors to avoid crowed places.
We carefully follow all updated hygiene standards in accordance with the guidelines from local authorities, the National Public Health Organization (E.O.D.Y.), the Hellenic Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization. We are actively making the necessary changes to our protocols to ensure we provide health safety.
During your stay in Greece, visitors must follow all measures that apply to Greek citizens. We would like to inform you that by decision of the Greek government: wearing a mask is obligatory only in all indoor areas. You can take off your masks outside, but you must wear it if you are in crowded places outside. There is no restriction of traffic in the night.
Only children under the age of 12 will NOT be required to undergo a PCR test.
Just for your convenience, please check the latest local guidance with a click and you can see Heraklion is red level 4 at the moment.
Please kindly note that
From Monday 22/11/21 till Monday 06/12/21 at 6.00 am:
Upon check in as a guest you should have with you and present to the front desk
1. A COVID vaccination certificate (valid as long as 14 days have passed since full vaccination) or
2. Medical certificate of a COVID19 infection valid up to 6 months or
3. A negative laboratory test certificate for COVID-19 using the PCR method, within the last 72 h prior the scheduled check in or
4. A negative antigen (rapid) certificate taken no longer than 48 hours
Children 4 - 17 years old can present a negative result of self-test declarion form, within the last 24 h prior the scheduled check in (Click to print the form)
Children under 4 years of age are exempt from the negative Covid-19 certificate requirement:
(GREEK LAW: FEK Β 5138 5-11-2021, PAGE FEK 66209 -66210)
- 2-metre Social Distancing In Operation - Only 2 Persons At A Time
- It is mandatory to wear a mask in all indoor public places and only in crowded places outside.
- For precautionary reasons due to covid 19 at the property, we no longer allow the food delivery or other services by external suppliers, as well as visits to rooms by non-guests.
Please kindly follow the instructions below:
1. During your stay with us
- Wash your hands thoroughly, avoid handshakes and keep physical distances
- In case of illness, please inform the reception and stay in your room. We have an Action Plan. We are keeping hotel log book and COVID-19 incidents reports according to the Greek law. Please bring masks, sufficient for the length of your stay.
- Non-residents of the accommodation are not allowed to enter.
2. Upon Departure
- It is possible to perform PCR (60 euro cost) or rapid test (20 euro cost) directly at AFFIDEA, if any guest needs a test for safety returning home: you can book an appointment to the AFFIDEA medical centre (just 10 minutes walking from us at PL. Eleutherias 45). Please ask the front desk if needed.
- Within 14 days following departure: immediately kindly notify HOPA if you develop symptoms associated with covid 19 such as fever, shortness of breath or cough.
Prior to your flight: kindly ensure you are up to date with all travel requirements and have filled in your Passenger Locator Form (PLF). For further details, please visit the official Protocol for Arrivals in Greece page: https://travel.gov.gr/#/ .
Here are the actions we have taken:
HEALTH PROTOCOLS IN PLACE
- HOPA has been certified with the “HEALTH FIRST” from the Ministry of Tourism.
- The staff has been trained and certified by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Crete (e-course: health and management protocols for COVID-19).
- HOPA believes that an essential part of being a responsible business is having in place proactive and effective risk management and internal controls. For this reason we have a handbook of protocols on COVID-19 and what-to-do checklist available for all employees with ongoing training. (Greek law: FEK 1632 Β’ /21-4-2021)
- Staff have been trained how to safely use their Personal Protective Equipment and their proper use is being supervized. PPE stocks is regularly supervised.
- Staff is vaccinated with Pfizer BioNtech, according to Greek government planning. All, employees are obliged to undergo self tests twice per week.
Option for WEB pre-CHECK IN & contactless CHECK OUT
- Web pre- Check-In: The registration form is available on our website. Due to the health protocols we are applying for your well-being, it is necessary to check in online before arrival to save time and energy by avoiding queues.
- Paperless check-out: We urge you to use the service of receiving your invoice upon check out via email and payments are preferred to be done with debit or credit cards. However, payments in cash are also acceptable.
RECEPTION: Check in after 15.00 & Check out 11.00
- Reception staff can advise guests of the hotel’s COVID-19 preventative measures
- Room keys and pens are sanitized using approved disinfectant
- We keep 2 meters distance at the point where the floor tape determines
- The property is obliged to keep a file with the data of the customers due to the public health protection and if necessary, made available for COVID-19 follow-up.
- Medical Kit and laser thermometer available for our staff and guests: Temperature checks are underway for handling temperature detections of 37.5 degrees Celsius and above. Our staff is screened for symptoms prior to starting work.
- Telephone numbers of the health authorities, medical centres, public and private hospitals are immediately available at the front desk. We are located in the heart of the city and the 2 Public Hospitals are really close to us:
- PAGNI University Hospital of Heraklion: 8 km (13 minutes with a car)
- Venizelio Hospital of Heraklion: 4,5 km (14 minutes with a car)
- Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces (walkways, staircase, elevator, door handles and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids.). Guests are advised to take the stairs.
- We provide a face mask for our guests in case of coughing and/or sneezing in any indoors public space of the property
- It is strongly recommended not to use the A/C. All A/C units receive enhanced maintenance and their filters are regularly disinfected
- All public areas will be well-ventilated, with fresh air circulating in all indoor
- The staff responsible for cleaning uses personal protective equipment when cleaning/disinfecting the rooms and the shared areas.
- We use certified cleaning disinfectantsand in collaboration with Ecolab. In particular: We cooperate with Ecolab and all detergents used are certified to neutralize the virus COVID 19. We use ECOLAB cleaning and disinfectant products to all the areas of the apartments. We wash all linens at a high temperature > 70° C
- We do not provide daily cleaning due to health protocols, only upon request.
- If you do not want us to clean your room, we supply towels and plastic garbage bags.
- Separation of the clean from the non-clean linen and towels in different areas
- All our rooms and the indoor public areas are non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed on the balcony of the room
Now more than ever, we understand that the true hospitality is important for you! There’s a saying “The Greeks have a word for it” and in the pandemic the word is ‘Filoxenia’, meaning “friend of the stranger”, as an act of an honor. Filoxenia goes both ways for respect: Did you know that the Trojan War was most likely caused by a violation of the hospitality rule? (The fair Helen of Troy). As a result: You are not only a guest, you are part of our Cretan family. We really take care of each other, as it comes naturally to our famous “Cretan hospitality”.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. The team is here to ensure you have a pleasant stay. Should you require any further assistance, please contact the front desk.
Please note that: All above are subject to change based on Government guidance.
We look forward to celebrating the authentic Cretan Hospitality with you!